Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svchost.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Lynx

The Lynx

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

Hey there,

I have this recurring problem. A dialogue box pops up now and again saying

Svchost.exe application error

The instruction at "0x66039462" referenced at "0x66039462". The memory could not be "written"

Click on OK to terminate the program
click on CANCEL to debug the program

Which ever of the options i click on, it still pops up after a while.

Please how do i get rid of this error once and for all? Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

Not exactly the same...but worth looking at, IMO: http://www.pchell.com/support/svchosterror.shtml

I would also check Event Viewer for errors that may provide better/more clues.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#3 The Lynx

The Lynx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

Hey there!

Thanks for the prompt reply, i used both threads and the second was more helpful. using the events viewer, i discovered the error was with a .dll file of the WindowsBlinds program. I'm trying to uninstall and re install oR even totally get rid of it.
Will fill you in on the results, if there is anything thing else , wuld be gratrful also.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users