Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Integrated Wireless and EZButton

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dogsandcats

dogsandcats

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

Can I uninstall EZButton and have integrated Wireless load and start at startup? As of now, I must use the EZ button to activate the Wireless connection. I would rather it just automatically loaded, started, and activated. I can always disable in the Device Manager if I don't want it to start.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:39 AM

Yes you can disable that if you want. You should disable it through msconfig

#3 dogsandcats

dogsandcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

I think you misunderstood what I want to accomplish. I not only want to get rid of the EZButton app, I want to be able to have my integrated Wireless load, start, and activate (connect)at start-up, without any application having to serve as a bridge and without having to press a button to activate the wireless LAN. Currently, I have to press the Wireless EZButton that is one of 3 buttons above the keyboard on my Averatec notebook, in order to connect the wireless. I want it to load and connect during the start-up process, and not be dependent on any application or button to do so AFTER startup. This is an Averatec 5110P notebook. when I asked the techs there for help, they told me what I want to do cannot be done. I don't buy that. Why shouldn't the integrated wireless be able to load during start-up without dependency on anything else? If I had a PCMIA or USB wireless card, it would load and connect at start-up, with no dependencies. I want the integrated wireless to do likewise. What do I need to do to achieve this?

A copy of my orignial post is below the dotted line for reference.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I uninstall EZButton and have integrated Wireless load and start at startup? As of now, I must use the EZ button to activate the Wireless connection. I would rather it just automatically loaded, started, and activated. I can always disable in the Device Manager if I don't want it to start.

dogsandcats

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:29 PM

I am little confused...why would you need the ezbuttons to start the wireless? Isnt the ezbuttons just a program that allows you to program certain buttons on your keyboard to perform certain tasks? The wireless card in your computer should connect to your router automatically when it turns on.

#5 sallysprague

sallysprague

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

I have the exact same problem. The only way to turn on the wireless on my Averatec 5100p is to push the wireless button above the keyboard and if a user is not a member of administrators group they cannot turn the wireless button on for their profile. I want to bypass the ez-button function and just have the wireless connect at start up no matter which user is signed on.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

Is all you have to do is to press the button or does it open a screen that requires user interaction?

If it just needs to be pressed try putting it into your Windows start menu for all users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users