Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 confusedone2

confusedone2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

This is my first attempt at this ........
I've spent most of this day trying to figure out how to Not Use Outlook! Somehow my webmail goes there and Never comes back! Can anyone tell me in very basic language how to stop this? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

Outlook is an email client, which is a program that must be configured by the user to work with your ISP's mail. Everytime you open the client, in your case Outlook, any messages on the mail server will download to the client. The only way to get the messages back into webmail is to forward them to yourself. If you do this, and have a lot of messages, do only a few at a time. To many will be seen as you sending spam. Also, when the messages reappear in webmail, the sender will by you-not the original sender.
The most obvious solution is don't open Outlook.
Another solution, delete the account in Outlook. (which may possibly delete any messages there)
OR: open Outlook, and set it to leave a copy of messages on the server. If Outlook is opened, mail will be downloaded, but as the name implies, a copy will be left for you to access in webmail.
(I don't use Outlook, but every email client has this option. If you choose to do this, go to webmail, and move your inbox messages to a temporary folder so they don't get downloaded) This may be the best option for you if you click on any Mail to: links which require an email client to use.

If no one else uses Outlook on your computer, you can uninstall it. This page will guide you through the removal: (back up your messages first, they will be lost when it's uninstalled)

How to Remove Microsoft Outlook

Finally, just to clarify-it is actually Outlook and not Outlook Express? These are 2 different programs, yet many times someone says Outlook, and those attempting to help find out they actually use Outlook Express. If you need more help, please post here and include which version of Outlook you have.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 July 2008 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users