Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Very Slow, Then Hanging Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rhombus

Rhombus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Real puzzling problem. I’m on a relatively new machine, vista home edition. Rig is an Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 gig RAM.

Whenever I use my browser it functions fine for a short period, then starts connecting gradually more slowly, then stops connecting to new pages altogether. They simply time out with a “could not connect” error message after a long delay.

Happens when I use IE, but also Opera, Safari AND Firefox. Modem seems fine, and email and itunes are still accessible. The only way I’ve found to fix the issue (temporarily) is to restart—and it often takes a freakishly long time for the pc to shut down (5-10 mins plus) when I do that.

Anybody got any ideas? It’s quickly become very frustrating.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hello Rhombus and welcome,

There could be a few things causing this.
What security products are installed on the system?
Have you performed a disk clean-up and defrag recently?
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users