Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop Cs3 Hang / White Screen / Frozen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mightybeet

mightybeet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hello all!

Had Photoshop CS3(legal copy / work computer) for over a year or so and this just started happening this week. At start up and/or after a few minutes in Photoshop CS3 it freezes, goes to white screen and hangs and becomes useless. It starts off lagging like if i turn layers on and off it takes a moment to change, if i mask something marquee slowly moves or stops moving altogether, flip between different workspaces(just to trigger the crash), open and close files large and small, any of those it freezes and dies having to force it to close. I have photoshop CS2 also installed and it runs fine. Everything else CS3 works: illustrator, acrobat etc...

Things ive tried:
1. reinstalling: ver 10 off disk does this, as well as 10.1 update
2. delete preferences: from docs and settings as well as thru Photoshop
3. cache purge
4. yelling
5. change scratch disk: i have 3 internal drives
6. memory test
7. turn anti virus on and off
8. change page filing size
9. change default from network to local

Other things:
Running on XP Pro: happens on both SP2 and SP3

screen shot
Posted Image

help anyone?

Edited by mightybeet, 11 July 2008 - 02:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

way over my head, but mod's, if you move this to computer graphics section please leave a copy here, the MS paint folk in that section will be no help at all, :thumbsup:

#3 mightybeet

mightybeet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

so far turning off font preview in preferences has helped. weird since ive had it on all this time without a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users