Had Photoshop CS3(legal copy / work computer) for over a year or so and this just started happening this week. At start up and/or after a few minutes in Photoshop CS3 it freezes, goes to white screen and hangs and becomes useless. It starts off lagging like if i turn layers on and off it takes a moment to change, if i mask something marquee slowly moves or stops moving altogether, flip between different workspaces(just to trigger the crash), open and close files large and small, any of those it freezes and dies having to force it to close. I have photoshop CS2 also installed and it runs fine. Everything else CS3 works: illustrator, acrobat etc...
Things ive tried:
1. reinstalling: ver 10 off disk does this, as well as 10.1 update
2. delete preferences: from docs and settings as well as thru Photoshop
3. cache purge
5. change scratch disk: i have 3 internal drives
6. memory test
7. turn anti virus on and off
8. change page filing size
9. change default from network to local
Running on XP Pro: happens on both SP2 and SP3
Edited by mightybeet, 11 July 2008 - 02:22 PM.