Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Freezes Only Few Moments After I Start Windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boyan88

boyan88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

Ok here is the thing. Last night I left my computer turned on and connected to the internet (I don't know if that is important), anyway, Mozilla was on (my gmail account open) and... when I woke up in the morning I've just clicked with mouse on Inbox button on gmail and my computer freezed, I couldn\t move mouse or anything.

After that I tried a lot of stuff...
I\ve restarted the computer and then when I entered windows, only few moments after- computer freezed again.
I've run windows in safe mode, and everything works fine, I've restored my system to a 5 days ago, and when I started windows it happened again... computer freezed...
I don't have any antiviruse program because my provider (I have adsl) should keep all harmful files away... anyway, I tried to install Adawere but I couldn't because programs can not be installed in safe mode, and I cant use normal mode because of the problem...

So, any idea what the problem is? PLS Help?

Sorry for my English...

(I am writing you from my friend computer...)

Edited by boyan88, 11 July 2008 - 12:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

Your problems can be caused or aggrevated by malware, software conflicts, corrupt windows OS and aggrevated by hardware failure from dirt and overheating

I would clean the computer, run windows as a repair disk and reload any corrupted or outdated drivers first then attack the software/malware issues

When they get this bad, it's probably best to just reload windows with a format and clean install after cleaning the computer
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users