Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viruses Causing Computer To Crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Amanda Eve

Amanda Eve

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

Hi there,

I have Windows XP and my computer is being bombarded with viruses. My old firewall was called Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, but I had to uninstall that to run a video game. Stupid, I know, but I take good care of my computer and didn't think that I absolutely needed the firewall. A few days ago, I clicked on a bad link and a virus got onto my computer. I quarantied it with Avast! antivirus, and everything was fine. The next day, however, the virus multiplied. Eventually, my computer was infected with so many viruses that my computer had to restart itself. When it restarted itself, though, it would just be bombarded with the same viruses and restart itself again. This happened every time I turned on my computer. Now, every time I try to turn my computer on, the blue screen of death appears.

In safe mode, I tried to restore my computer to a previous date (a month before the virus infected my computer). The system restore screen came up and my computer fully loaded. However, when it went to restart itself, the Windows logo appeared and then the blue screen of death came up. Please help me, I have no idea what to do now. My computer cost thousands, and I can't lose some of the stuff I have on there. D:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Option 1:
Run windows as a repair disk and then perform an emergencey clean while disconnected from the internet, you will need to disable Avast during the cleanup, malware can mess up your computer, but nothing gets it worse than an antivirus in a fight to the death with malware. Once the malware gets thru, resident protection does more harm than good, as you can see in your case.

Option 2:
Remove the hard drive and try to recover data with another computer
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users