Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ras Async Adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RevJL

RevJL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

Win2K Pro SP4 - Just installed MS Office 2003 on this machine and whenever I open an Office product it opens this window warning

Unsafe Removal of Device - RAS Asynch Adapter

There are no modems attached to this PC and when I try to remove the RAS Asynch Adapter from windows through Hardware Wizard it tells me that windows may need this file and gives no other options except to close window and deal with the issue.

The RAS Asynch Adapter does not show up in the Hardware Manager but there is a WAN (IP) device in the Network Adapter group but I get the same message about Windows may need this device and cannot be removed when I try to remove it as well.

I've searched the net for some answers but most are talking about Win XP Pro SP2 and removing the RAS Asynch Adapter from that O/S.

It's not causing any machine issues other than just being annoyiong but would like to see it go away.

Also checked Event Viewer there was one instance of an Event ID 7024 referring to RAS and an iprtmgr.dll not being loaded .... maybe this has something to do with it too ?

Thanks in advance for your input

RevJL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

There's an answer in this thread that worked for them. Not the same problem, but the same culprit
http://forums.practicallynetworked.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users