Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Big_John

Big_John

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

I originally posted this problem on the HJT forum, but having been told that I do not have any malware, I have asked for that thread to be closed, and am opening this as a Windows problem.

When I right-click on any of the icons on the Quick Launch Toolbar, I get the usual menu:
Open
Explore
PFrank
Search
WinMerge
Geosetter
Scan with AVG
Send to
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

Left-Clicking on any of these options works as it is supposed to.

However, if I right-click on any of the QL Toobar icons a second time, the Taskbar menu appears, preceded by
Open folder (this opens the Quick Launch Toolbar folder)
Toolbars
Cascade Windows
Tile Windows Horizontally
Tile Windows Vertically
Show the Desktop
Task Manager
Lock the Taskbar
Properties

and, crucially, left-clicking on any of the icons has no effect.
(Broadly speaking, the same happens with the Desktop toolbar.)

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm - the Taskbar / "Toolbars greyed out or missing" option restores icons' left click function by restarting the Windows Shell, but that is a tedious

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3.

I also have a problem with Internet Connection Sharing. I use a Vodafone USB Modem to connect to the internet, which uses its own software to connect to the Internet. If I disconnect, when I reconnect, using PhoneConnectorVMC, the ICS is not enabled, and I have to run the Network Setup Wizard to enable ICS again.

I'd be grateful for help in unravelling these problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mariner***

Mariner***

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hi Big John,

since a few month I also have this annoying toolbar problem. It drives me crazy! Whenever I right click on one of my toolbars (I use 3), it will get inactive, exactly as you described it.
I invested a lot of time searching the Internet, without any success. So if you should solve this problem, please let me know.

Mariner***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users