Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.net framework

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 just-joey

just-joey

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

[FONT=Symbol][COLOR=blue]
Hi there: I have in the past refused to accept .net framework as an update, or when it arrives have add/removed. ( reason- because I hate logging in on my machine, and I prefer to look at a wallpaper rather than a windows login screen.)
Why is .Net Framework necessary, and which one should I be using if so? It is no longer on the Windows update site, so I have to go to elsewhere in MS to get it, and there seems to be many choices there of Net framework. It comes with my HP all in one ( on disc).
Do I need it? Why? Which? and if so- can I get around the mandatory log-in screen then?------ Thanks for any help here, this thing makes me nuts, Joey! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 just-joey

just-joey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:02 PM

ah come -on somebody must know what this application is for, much less the one i should be using! I have no idea if I need it or what. I've read all i can find in MS's newsgroups and am really getting nowhere. You guys here usually explain things better. Please help me. Joey

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

.NET framework is essentially a collection of tools for developing software. I downloaded it yesterday for my new computer and I don't have to log in.

Like JAVA, it's designed to run things you use on the net. But take a look at This Site for more info.

#4 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,725 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:09 PM

Installing net framework adds a new user to your machine (I believe it is asp). Go to control panel, users, and remove that new user. Netframework will still be functional but your login should return to what it was (or wasn't) previously.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#5 just-joey

just-joey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:32 AM

OMG thank-you both ( herk and ddeerrff) I read the info , not that much of it made sence, and I had just found the .asp account and decided to delete it when i read your post dd. thanks for the replies. J-J :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users