Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services And Controller App Crashes On Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shaneusm

Shaneusm

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:50 AM

I have an intermittent problem where just after startup the Services and Controller App will crash, requiring the system to be restarted.
This crash loop will continue randomly until stopping for some unknown reason, occasionally with Trend Micro IS saying that due to an error it has reverted to a previous version.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Sorry that I cannot give much in the way of info, but I dont have a clue as to what could possibly be causing this problem

AV and Firewall: TMIS 2008

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

Try uninstalling your Trend Micro Internet Security program (ensure that you have the product key before doing this. Then install a version that's freshly downloaded from the Trend Micro website. This should fix the issue.

If it persists, then you'll have to use the Trend tool by following these directions: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/vie...36064#P106_1882
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Shaneusm

Shaneusm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

I am wary about uninstalling security software without knowing the reason why.

Would you be so kind as to explain why this step needs to be taken?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

It's because of this from your first post:

...Trend Micro IS saying that due to an error it has reverted to a previous version.

Also, with the product key in hand, reinstalling Trend Micro is an easy thing to do - but ensure you get the latest version from their website rather than the CD that came with the product.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users