Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Ide Cord, One Ide Slave Hdd, One Ide Dvd Burner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lill

Lill

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:19 AM

One IDE cord
one IDE slave hdd
one IDE dvd burner

Both are able to be plugged in.

Problem is, I can only get one to work at a time. I can only get one reconized in the bios at a time, and yet I have played with jumpers. My main hdd is SATA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

So...aside from the SATA hdd you have a second hdd and optical drive that you have connected via a IDE cable?

You should have the hdd in the master location on the cable, at the end, with the jumper on the rear set a Master.
The optical drive should be connected to the middle connector on the cable, and the jumper on the rear should be set a slave.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Lill

Lill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

Ya, the SATA needs to be the master and the IDE hdd the slave. (I had gotten corruption errors on the slave when it was a master in an OLD computer. Finally slaved it and scanned it. Got a bunch of trogans. Then I went though and deleted all I could, going though each file and malticulously saving to the master anything I wanted to keep. Now I want to use it as a back up.)

lol This old IDE hdd doesn't have the sticker that tells you where to put the jumper.

I'm not sure it's possible to not have the hdd in the middle, since the hdds are suppost to sit below the cd/dvd drives. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users