Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 - Suspicious Yahoo Logo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reynald

reynald

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

You know how many websites have a small logo they put on the left side of the address window when you visit them? Well today whenever I go to Google's site (which is also my home page), the red Yahoo logo appears in it. Google's page is the only place this is happening to me; when I visit other sites, their logos appear where they should. Any theories about what might be happening here? I did just switch to OpenDNS's namservers, though that doesn't seem like it should be related.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

Hello reynald,

IE does have problems with favicons, have a look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55992/how-to-make-a-favicon-for-your-web-site/ tells you a little more about them.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hi, reynald!
Do you have Yahoo toolbar installed?

#4 reynald

reynald
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

IE does have problems with favicons, have a look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55992/how-to-make-a-favicon-for-your-web-site/ tells you a little more about them.

Interesting; I hadnít heard about this, though Iím still unclear on exactly whatís causing it to happen in my case. It happens on my new laptop but not on my desktop, which have virtually the same settings.

Do you have Yahoo toolbar installed?

No, never did, though it (a new Dell) came with the Google toolbar installed, which I uninstalled. Which makes it all the odder that the Yahoo! favicon would show up when I go to Google!

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

You could try cleaning out the temporary internet files.
Go to control panel and select internet options. On the general tab select delete files and select delete offline content
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users