Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirecting Search Results, Hijack This Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 blunder

blunder

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hi
When i google search and click on a search result i get redirected to a completely different page. This is starting to get frustrating so i downloaded hijackthis,got a log and registered here. I don't know if it's a virus/trojan. etc I'm not much of a techie. Attached is hijackthis log hope i did everything right.
(I use firefox and it is only google affected- not yahoo or any other search engine)
thanks for the help in advance!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

Hi, blunder :thumbsup:

Welcome to BC.

Please print these instructions for reference, as you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download FixWareout from Here.
  • Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
  • The fix will begin; follow the prompts.
  • If your firewall gives an alert, (because this tool will download an additional files from the internet), please don't let your firewall block it, but allow it instead.
  • You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.
  • Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt).
    Please post the C:\fixwareout\report.txt ), along with a new HijackThis log into this topic.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 blunder

blunder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hi
thanks for the help i just tried google searching and it works :thumbsup:
attached is the report and HJT log as requested

Attached Files

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,451 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hi, blunder :thumbsup:

Please re-open HijackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Now close all windows and browsers, other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.

Close Hijackthis.

Lets check for remnants:

Posted Image Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,451 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users