Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Error Unexpected Call To Property Or Method Access

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saddleman

saddleman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

This is our first post.
Background info: Dell Laptop Latitude D820
Windows XP Professional SP 3
Using Cingular/ATT GT Max card for internet/email

We use weather.com radar maps for scientific research and watch the weather avidly. We put in the city, state and at the bottom of that page there is an interactive map using virtual earth that shows the weather radar and you can zoom in and so on. Last week it quit working. It's the only thing that isn't working and it's a major pain. Normally when you click on the map to make it larger and animate it, it goes to a new window and starts the radar moving. Now it show a blank square, everything else comes up, ads, so on, just not the radar. There is an error code that pops up at the bottom of the screen with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point. When I click on it this is what it says " CHAR 6660 ....unexpected call to property or method access"

I have checked windows for any further updates, ran virus check, spybot, updated Java...updated adobe player, flash player. Nothing changes. the radar map still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hello saddleman,

It sounds like a scripting problem on the website itself. Can you post a link to the site in question?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 jcummins

jcummins

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

The site is weather.com....and I don't think it's the site. It's any map there that you try and see the weather in motion.

I have a thinkpad laptop XP Pro...and this problem started some days back....just as saddleman posted.

My daughter has a newer laptop with Vista...the weather in motion works fine.

So......something has corrupted this on this laptop. Or it needs an update of somekind that it does not have.

Ideas anyone, since I reference ..... up to this point....weather in motion a lot, and would really like to fix this.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hello jcummins and welcome.

Use https://psi.secunia.com/ to scan your computer and update the out of date software also try using windows update.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users