Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

data1.msi not found for office 2000 updating

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FdjC

FdjC

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:02 AM

ok another problem guys.... :thumbsup:

Microsoft Office 2000 professional, cannot update at all

I recently found the office 2000 update page, i went and downloaded the first update and then it asked for the original CD, i cannot find mine so i borrowed a friends, i tried it but is gives some error about it not matching or that its not the right file.
data1.msi is the file i need to complete the installation and to downlad further updates, the CD i was given is the same as what i have installed as far as im aware but it will not allow me to update my programs.

is there anyway around needing the CD or is there anyway i can make this CD work?

Even better is there any place i can download and install the updates manually without needing the CD to complete the installaion?
I came across a patch but it was not for my version, US version only, is the a UK/European one out there?

P.S. i would prefer to NOT reinstall office 2000 if i can avoid it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:37 AM

Your version of office and the cd version is probably a bit different in one way or another. They have some many different versions.

As far as I know all the major updates require the cd.

#3 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

ALL updates require the CD unfortunatley :thumbsup:
im trying to find a way around the cd thing but as of yet i have come to no avail, there is one for the US version of office but that is not what i have installed.

its pushing t to ask but any idea of waht i can do?

most things are probably exhausted by nowm ideas i mean

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

I really dont know what to tell you on this. They do this to stop piracy.

#5 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:49 AM

ok thank you anyway for your help, i might contact the place where my pc was purchased and see if they can help me, i know i have the discs about somewhere but at the moment i have been unable to find them.

again thanks for your time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users