Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:27 AM
(Classy) - I don't know the Linksys firewall you use, but there are some comments I would make:
- You only need, or want, one active firewall in your PC.
- The Windows XP firewall is very simple to operate. It's either on or off. It is installed automatically with one of the service packs as you said.
- There are excellent FREE, downloadable firewalls available on the internet -ZoneAlarm is one - see the tutorial section of this site for good advice on keeping your computer safe.
Here's the ZoneAlarm link: http://www.zonelabs.com/
- The most important thing for you to have on your system is a fully up-to-date anti-virus program and anti-spyware programs. You can also run an online anti-virus program to scan your system and remove problems.
Finally, follow the instructions in this tutorial:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/4_S...ware-tut80.html
- then, if you need to, you will be ready to post a HijackThis log as stidyup
Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.