Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Optimise Mode In Lcd Screen.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pengchee

pengchee

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hello I have a problem with my Samsung LCD monitor model syncmaster 740n (17ins.). when I boot my computer all is normal after the windows xp screen start and was about to go to the desktop the LCD screen moving popup box saying 'Not optimise mode. Recommended mode:1280x1024 60Hz.' This happen when I connect it to the LCD monitor. I fix back to the old tube monitor it is OK again. Is it that I have to install the drivers or something is not correct. My OS.XP Pr. SP2. Thanks.,

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

hello pengchee,

Try right clicking on a blank area of the desktop and select properties. Click the settings tab and move the slider to 1280x1024 if possible.
Then click advanced and select the monitor tab change the refresh rate to 60Hz.

Does this solve the problem?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 pengchee

pengchee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

Thanks nigglesnush85 for your reply. I could not see the mouse cursor on the screen, only the error box which move like a screensaver appears. Any further help will be much appreciate.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

It would look like a driver problem then, but before we proceed down that route, can you plug the old monitor in and try the steps then plug in the LCD? Is there a change?
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users