Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Burn Dvd's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 speytone

speytone

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

Laptop is a ZD8225. The Drive is a TSSTcorp CD/DVDw TS-L532M.

I can listen to and burn Cd's. I can Watch DVD's. I have put a burnt DVD into this drive in the past and, though sluggish, it did eventually read it. I have however tried to burn stuff to DVD and it just will not do it.

I have read a bit about it on the net and alot of people have had this problem with this drive. But the fixes lied from every where from firmware, drivers, to reinstalling it.

Does anyone on here have any experience with this drive, this problem and what they did to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

What software are you using to burn with?

What media are you using? Have you tried Verbatim?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 speytone

speytone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

Right now i am useing sonic and the windows default drag and drop to burn. All of it is pretty lame and give me the same results. I have messed with burn speeds and stuff like that. I think the media is Maxell. I think i may go get some HP brand ones just to see if it wants to burn to its own kind you know.

Im still not having much luck with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users