Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complete Pc Backup - No Hard Drive Option

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zinger223

Zinger223

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hello!

I installed Vista 64-bit Retail on to an Intel P35 chipset motherboard (Intel DP35DP) today, updated drivers, ran SP1 and then the SP1 Cleanup tool. It has been fully Windows Updated as well. Problem is that when I go to do a Complete PC Backup it doesn't find any hard drives. I have a 74GB Raptor as my primary C: drive then a 640GB Western Digital as my backup drive. Both are seen fine in Explorer and its actually where I installed SP1 from. When I click on the Hard Drive option in the Backup it refreshes and lists no hard drives. I have done this several times before on previous installs of Vista using the same brand of motherboard and all the same components. I did disable some services (since restored them to automatic) as well as remove some windows components I don't use.

Its one of those things that I am having trouble googling and one of my searches brought me here to your site and guide on the backup. Anyhow, I searched your forums and didn't find anything related to my problem (at least for the couple different searches I tried). Hoping someone has seen this and can help! Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Zinger223

Zinger223
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

Figured it out! I had set Everest to run from my D: drive and had also enabled its Vista Sidebar support. Apparently this flagged the D: drive as a System drive and so Complete PC Backup was trying to backup both my C: and D: drives. I disabled the startup flag and deleted the entried in the registry and rebooted. Second drive showed up as a target in the Backup.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:39 AM

Thanks for letting us know the resolution of this - it'll help others who encounter the same problem and are searching for a solution!

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users