Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Main User Profile Got Deleted

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sublimedude89

sublimedude89

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

My brothers Main User profile just got deleted today we dont know how it happened.
When i start up windows all you can see is the guest profile and no others.
Well I may know how it happened but im really scared about telling him so i am not for the moment. I was on youtube...yes i know worst ppl to beleive but i got excited. I made just a lil thing to change the password well it looks like it ended up deleting it instead. it went something like
"@echo off
"username" "new password"
@echo "personal message"
pause"
Because of this even if it wasnt my fault which it sure as hell feels like it is. I know I am not going to mess around with stuff like that until I have way better knowledge of computers and all the commands.

I have tried hitting alt ctrl delete and typing in the old user and password with no luck.
I have tried hitting alt ctrl delete and just clicking enter when the administrator comes up but he has a password on it and does not remember it.
I have tried logging in as the guest and adding a new user by going into run, cmd, net user "username" /add but it gives me an error 5
I have tried going into cmd and typing "control userpasswords2" but it blocks me by the administrators account.
I have tried going through safe mode but i cant even login into it completely bc of the forgotten password.

If you know of anyway to retrieve the admins password or how to create a new profile through a guest account. Or if you know how to restore his old one.

Please help me I am really going to be in deep s*%$

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Hello,

"@echo off
"username" "new password"
@echo "personal message"
pause"

This is a batch file. A batch file can do quite a lot of things, it really depends on what the commands were inside the batch file. But without knowing the exact commands contained in the file it is virtually impossible to say what the file does. If you can find the instructions we may be able to tell what the program has done.

Please understand that it is against the rules of this site to help you bypass password protection methods
Regards,

Alan.

#3 sublimedude89

sublimedude89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

I understand that and I completely respect it. Unfortunately I was stupid and got it off youtube.com here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI0WpX8mxHQ...feature=related If anyone can tell me anything that may help in anyway I will be very thankful.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the Administrator profile still exists there. If so, you can go into it and create a new account with administrator privileges. Then, in the new account, you can take ownership of the old files and copy/move them over to the new profile.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:33 AM

usasma's idea will probably be the easiest option, However if you wanted you could use a Linux live CD http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu and start the computer this way. Once started, locate the batch file you created and open it with a text editor and take note of what you typed. Then in theory you should be able to log back in.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 sublimedude89

sublimedude89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the Administrator profile still exists there. If so, you can go into it and create a new account with administrator privileges. Then, in the new account, you can take ownership of the old files and copy/move them over to the new profile.

See the only problem with this is my brother can not get into his administrator account because he forgot his password so even when we start it into safe mode we can not get in because we do not know the password.

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

Have you tried the LiveCD?
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users