Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uptotheeyeballs

uptotheeyeballs

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hello, i recently posted a topic on the 5th of July stating my problem. i got a few replies back and was told it could be a malware infection on my computer.

I was given this link to help get rid of malware infections.......... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

I have done the kaspersky free online scan, but when it came to downloading DECKARDS SYSTEM SCANNER it would not work. It got to the point ofsaving it to my desktop and getting an icon. Once i double clicked the icon like it said, all that came up was a box saying................................C:\Documents and settings\ste\desktop\dss.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Also i noticed the icon for DSS that appeared on my desktop was not like the icon in the malware removal manual. My icon was just a white box with a thin blue strip along the top of the box.

If anyone can help me, or has any ideas what went wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:40 PM

That is strange, the download might not have completed correctly can you retry the download?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 uptotheeyeballs

uptotheeyeballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Hello again, i've tried it 3 times and the same thing keeps on happening!!...............after i save it to my desktop it literally takes a second for the icon to appear........is that what you mean by download??

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Yes, following the procedure for downloading the file. alternatively, it could be a file association problem http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_easy_file.htm might solve that problem.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users