Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stopping Instalations...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jknutson1978

jknutson1978

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right area, but I am woundering, is there a program that is free or a way, that I could keep others from installing software on my computer without makking seperate accounts for everyone? Something that is password protected that one has to type in a password to be able to install anything.

Thanks

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

I believe one must be logged on with an administrator account or an account with administrator privileges for one to be able to install in the first place. If you make only one separate Limited User account for everyone to use, you will make sure no one will be able to install anything. Not only will they not be able to install anything, they'll also not be able to play around with system settings/wreck the computer. So, I would recommend this option instead of looking for a program which prevents installation without password.

Edited by Juha, 07 July 2008 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users