Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Connection At Once

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

You see i have a little problem i play on xbox live which requires internet connection but my router only has once ethernet port and me and my sister fight because we both want connection now i know the solution is a router but all the routers i find are wiereless and expensive is their one where its wireless and cheap or just cheap :thumbsup: Thank you
Posted Image

Bleeping
Computer ROCKS!!!

Helped me get rid of Rogue software Anti-virus and taught me about virtualization I am grateful. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hello Thelastleap,

A wireless router would work if the desktop has a wireless card. How much would you be willing to spend on a wireless router?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

You could get a small switch, such as the Netgear GS105, they are quite cheap, which would mean that you could both plug in at the same time.

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Switches/D...ches/GS105.aspx

#4 kimkalesty

kimkalesty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:39 AM

I bought a brother 2170W printer and it allows wireless printing. however, in order to wirelessly print, you have to be connected to it's own wirless peer to peer connection. It makes me have to disconnect from my internet and connect to it's network then print then reconnect, I'm basically looking for a solution on how to stay connected to the internet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kimkal

I bought a brother 2170W printer and it allows wireless printing. however, in order to wirelessly print, you have to be connected to it's own wirless peer to peer connection. It makes me have to disconnect from my internet and connect to it's network then print then reconnect, I'm basically looking for a solution on how to stay connected to the internet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kimkal
Guaranteed ROI
Viral Marketing
Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Submissions
Email Marketing
Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Optimization

Inspire Internet Marketing

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

If you open Microsoft word or other application and select print, you should be able to select a printer. Does the wireless printer appear in the list?
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users