Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmp 11- Can't Apply Media Info Changes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DM27

DM27

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

Greetings all,

I have been having trouble with WMP 11 and the Apply Media Information Changes function from the Tools Menu. The dialog box just states "in progress" with zero progress and/or I get a "server busy" please try again. Aside from that, I'm able to burn, rip and play music with no problem.

This is on a HP notebook computer: Windows XP SP2, Media Center Edition.

Any tips are welcome. Thanks again for your time.

Sincerely,

DM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hello DM27,

How big is your music collection? the larger the collection the longer it will take.
Also, do you have a firewall on the system and is Wmplayer.exe allowed?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 DM27

DM27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Greetings Nigglesnush85,

My collection only has about 250 albums. I'm using Online Armor for my firewall, and wmplayer.exe is allowed.

Perhaps it's just random, since I did get the info to update this morning. It's just not a consistant process.

Sincerely,

DM

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

No problem, glad to help. It was probably due to the size of the music collection, it would need to verify every file then search for information on them and download additional files.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users