Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost pictures off memory card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smithart

smithart

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

how do I retrieve pictures lost during upload of pictures from a memory card?I was in the process of uploading files from memory card and the computer locked up.Had to restart machine and when I did, the memory card was empty!!!How do I retrieve them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:44 PM

Where were you uploading them to? You can check your temp directory or the directory they were being uploaded to. Also in the future you may want to specify that when you transfer images, do not delete the images off the memory card.

#3 spacewail

spacewail

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:13 AM

You could try searching for files modified on the day you did the transfer. If you have XP, you can just open an Explorer window and click search, and can then specify a particular date.

If the worst comes to the worst, the images can probably still be retrieved from the card, if it has not been used to store anything else. FlashGuardian recovers deleted or lost images from camera memory cards, and won't charge if they are unsuccessful.

#4 spacewail

spacewail

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

Another company offering recovery of photos from camera cards, and files from hard drives etc, is Cambridge Data Recovery, and it looks like they can recover data from camera cards which are physically damaged.

But if the card still seems to be working OK, you may be able to recover using free software - worth a try.

Edited by spacewail, 02 March 2011 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users