Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Very Quick Driver Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mlc00007

mlc00007

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

G'day all. This is my first post and thankfully it is nothing major.

I've noticed some very faint horizontal lines running up my monitor screen. There are only two of them close together and when they reach the top, another two come along. Not very annoying and it is an old monitor.

I've had a look around and it has been suggested that I update the drivers for my video cart (ATI Radeon A9250). When I go to the website, the updated driver is 'version 6.11'. However, I checked the drivers I already have and they are version 6.14.10.XXXX.

Now for my dim question ... are my installed drivers more up to date than the website?

Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Welcome to BC
According to the numbers, yes you're correct
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mlc00007

mlc00007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

Thank you kindly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users