Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 troubled soul

troubled soul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

I'm having issues with my monitor going black. It started last week when we switched between user, rather than logging out and then logging in a new user. Now the screen is also going black after the PC has been on for an hour or so, and it has not been used for a while so goes into screensaver and then energy saver mode. Sometimes it can be resolved by unplugging the power supply to the monitor and then re-establishing the power. However this is not always successful. If the screen does not come back, then rebooting the PC sometimes works (although have to hold power button for 5 secs to crash PC as can not see anything). If this does not work straight away then leaving PC for an hour usually works. Sometimes get a message on the monitor stating invalid mode and recommend 1280x1080, although this does not appear every time.

It is becoming more regular, so I'm suspecting my graphics card is giving up the ghost, but I'm no expert so might be barking up the wrong tree.

Would welcome some guidance from anyone who may have suffered the same frustrations.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Worth reading: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/247964-3...r-light-flashes

Louis

#3 troubled soul

troubled soul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the link.

It has not happened for a while, but I have not done anything to try and resolve it !!

The only thing that did happen is the chkdsk ran on boot up a couple of days ago, but it tried that a few weeks ago and it didn't resolve it then.

Strange !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users