Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

25,000 Trojans And Multiplying

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kokopuff

kokopuff

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Ok. This is a weird story, but here we go.

I was on the internet messing around, and suddenly, i start getting pop ups. i just x them out but soon i x the window i was on by mistake. I notice now though, that my entire desktop is gone, and replaced with "WARNING! Spyware detected on your computer! Install antivirus or spyware removal to clean your computer.

This freaked me out, and to make matters worse, i started getting blue screens of death i . I soon noticed something though. The screens were fake! i pressed ctrl alt delete and the screen would go away.

So now im freaking out and i go on the internet that my problem is some sort of smitfraud. I install mcaffe, Malware bytes anti-malware, and smitfraud fix. I scan with smitfraud and then go into safe mode to delete everything. I then go into normal mode and scanned with mcaffee, malware bytes, and symantec (which i already had) . Malware encountered 53 problems, and they are all deleted. My mcaffee finds 16, but was only able to delete 15. Strangely however, symantec finds nothing. I then go into control panel and fixed my desktop, rebooted, and thought "wow, easy enough".

!!!I WAS DEAD WRONG!!!

The problem started the day after i deleted everything with smitfraud (not more than a week ago). What would happen is symantec would scan 600 trojans when i started pc, and it deleted it. I was worried, but my pc performance wasn't hurt at all, and i thought symantec was deleting them, so no harm right?

Well it kept happening everyday, until two days ago. Two days ago, symantec started quarantining everything, instead of deleting it. I didnt think that was a problem until yesterday, the trojans multiplied from the normal 600-1000 to 2,500 . Now i came today with over 25,000!!!!

Help me please! This is a good computer and i have spent $1000's on it, and have many things on it that i dont want gone.

I dont wanna rush you guys, as i have been reading through this forum and have seen all the work you guys do, but please help me, because at this rate, i will hit over 100,000 trojans. And i fear the problem will be harder as more and more trojans are dl'ed.

(Also, remember that NONE of the trojans i have r being deleted. I dont know how to stop symantec from quarantining them!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Try running SDFix, which is a program that can remove many different types of Trojans and Worms.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Did this all happen while you were in safe mode? Maybe you should be booting up into safe mode for a while.

#4 kokopuff

kokopuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

the sdfix thing did something weird actually...

my symantec popped up during the part where it was finishing it off,after reboot, and it said finishing malware check. (I had to turn off p.c when this happened, so idk what could be effected by that.)

well, it popped up and said i got another 500 trojans. Right now as we talk my symantec popped up and said i only got 2 trojans, which is weird cuz i normally get trojans so fast, i get 100 in around 5 seconds. I also noticed something strange after running sdfix. Every fourth trojan that symantec finds is different. It is a downloader, and is not inside quarantine, but in my folders. Those r being deleted.

and no, i was not in safe mode. I normally dont do things in safe mode lol.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

You need to run SDFix in Safe Mode for it to work correctly.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 kokopuff

kokopuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

You need to run SDFix in Safe Mode for it to work correctly.

i did lol. i ran it in safe mode. i was talking about the safe mode thing to trashcan7.

I ran the program correctly, and followed every instruction. The only thing was that while it was finishing malware scan, my symantec popped up, preventing it from doing w/e it was suppose to be doing.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

I would not have thought that Symantec would be running in Safe Mode. If it is, you should disable it while SDFix is running.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 kokopuff

kokopuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

:thumbsup: .

ok, let me clear everything up because i haven't explained everything properly for you.

The final stage of sdfix is when i reboot my pc and go into normal mode, where it finishes cheking everything. This is the time where symantec popped up and stopped the program from finishing its job.

:flowers: I hope that cleared everything up lol.

Btw, i hit 50,000 by the end of yesterday, and im on another pc right now for the moment, so i dont know how many trojans i am hiting today :trumpet:

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

Try running the following two tools in Safe Mode.

Dr.Web CureIt!
http://freedrweb.com/cureit/

McAfee Avert Stinger
http://vil.nai.com/VIL/stinger/

You can download them on a clean computer and transfer them to the infected one on a CD or pen drive if you need to.

—George Bernard Shaw

#10 kokopuff

kokopuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

hmm...

ill try that tommorow (can't reach my pc today)

ill come back and say if it works or not

#11 kokopuff

kokopuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

im sorry its taken me so long, but im at the infected pc now. I was wondering though, if i have mcaffee, dont i already have that stinger thing?

i hit 655,000 trojans today btw :thumbsup:

#12 kokopuff

kokopuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

I stopped the scans while they were starting because they went through symantec and had not found anything, when i know symantec is the problem. So now i am at 700,000 trojans. I have a hijack this log, but im not sure if im allowed to post that or not...

#13 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

If you have more than one anti-virus installed on your computer than your problems may be caused by a conflict between the two programs, as one anti-virus may view the other anti-virus's definition data as malicious.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users