Jump to content
Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:33 AM
Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:39 AM
Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:18 AM
Hi, I just saw this problem in another forum and the person who had the problem said to do the following , See if it helps you to.
1) Go to Start -> Run
2) Type in MSCONFIG and press enter
3) Under the 'BOOT' tab, tick the 'Safe Boot' box and select 'Minimal'
4) Press OK and proceed to restarting the computer when prompted
5) Once computer restarts log in and open Window Explorer
6) Navigate to your Windows directory and look for SoftwareDistribution
7) Rename this folder to SoftwareDistribution.old
8) Go back into MSCONFIG and turn off 'Safe Boot' and restart
9) Run Windows update again.
SUMMARY: Windows has somehow managed to corrupt its own system files,
possibly during one of its previous updates... Once you get the Windows
update to work, you will notice that Windows Defender will start to
Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:38 AM
Edited by snooker, 07 July 2008 - 12:53 PM.
Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:50 PM
Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:23 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users