Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Program Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darco32

darco32

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

Please someone help
I tried to download autocad to my pc .everything was going fine until i unzipped a file in the program with 7 zip and everything went wrong.Cant open some programs e.g itunes , games and various other ones.System restore wont open either.What can i do every time i try and open a program i geta message cant archive this program. :huh:
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:53 AM

hi,,, have you tried uninstalling the program you put in,,,, autocad,,,, then see if you can open system restore,,,, if not try to post restore in safe mode and see if this helps,,, and just to be sure its not a nasti run scanns with your security,,,A/V and anti malware and anti spyware,,,,, good luck.

to uninstall,,,, start>controle pannel>programs and features> autocad,,, uninstall,,, then open start menu>computer>C: drive>program files and look for the autocad programfile just to make sure its uninstalled,,, if its still there , right click and delete,,,

boot in safe mode,,,,,, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

a good spyware scanner,,,,, http://www.superantispyware.com/

a good malware scanner,,,,, http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

download the free versions of both these scanners then update the virus deffonitions and scan.

Edited by figgis41, 07 July 2008 - 06:54 AM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 darco32

darco32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

thanks will try ,just one thing all my a/v software etc are included in the files that wont open .But will give your suggestions a try .thx a million

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

yep i gatherd that,,,, thats why you must try to uninstall first to see if lets you post restore after that, then you should be able to run scans. Have you got a vista recovery disc???
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 darco32

darco32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

ok,have tried everything you said.nothing.I only have the original vista upgrade disk.It wont let me use system restore in safe mode either.the icons are just blank white and when i click on them it asks what program i want to use to open blank.exe e.g notepad.exe.
Thanks for your help im not really good at the tech side of these things

#6 darco32

darco32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

sorry ,it also wont let me uninstall some programs because they dont exsist

#7 Rauw

Rauw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

I have to exact same problem!

Mine just occurred when i uninstalled a couple of programs.
I still havent found a solution to this problem, but if you have, then please tell me :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users