Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect with wirelss card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1timcarter

1timcarter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

I have a notebook (sony) with a Linksys Wireless-G (WPC54G) that I have used to connect to wireless networks in hotels and other public use places. I hadn't used it in awhile, but lately I tried in 2 different places and could not connect.

When I insert the card, it never detects any sites. Under the "Link Information" tab in the Linksys program, is shows no signal strength, or link quality and says "Missing the association with the AP". Under the "Site Survey" tab, there are no sites found. Both the "Refresh" and "Connect" buttons are grayed out. Under the "Profiles" tab it shows a default profile with nothing in the SSID block. Profile information for it shows :

network type-Infrastructure
Transfer Rate-Auto
Channel- (blank)
WEP-Disabled

In the lower right side of the window it says "WPC54G is Inactive".

I'm not sure if the card is bad, or disabled somehow.

I do know that others could connect to the network at both places.

Any help?

Thanks,

Tim Carter
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:18 AM

Have you gone into the device manager to see if some how it is disabled? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers?

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 1timcarter

1timcarter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

Everything seems to be fine in Device Manager. I have not tried reinstalling the drivers. I'll try that, but it may be a few days.

Thanks for the ideas,

Tim
Posted Image

#4 cfairch

cfairch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:20 PM

Hi Tim,
I have the same problem, but with a brand new card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users