Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unresponsive programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 horseskunk

horseskunk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

I am having a difficult time with my home computer. It takes forever to open any program and usually tells me the program isn't responding. I try to type in word or powerpoint and it takes a long time for the cursor to come back after every word. I have an antivirus program that is running and tells me there are no problems. What can I do to fix this problem? My computer is only 1 year old.

Edited by horseskunk, 12 April 2005 - 11:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:17 PM

check your performance options to make sure that your memory usage is set to "Programs" and not "System Cache".

To get to Programs, Right click on My Computer, then click Properties, then go to the Advanced Tab, then Click on Performance. Once in Performance Click Advanced.

If it is set to System Cache, then that is your problem, switch it to Programs.

This might not be it, but it's worth a check....
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:49 PM

Make sure that you have enough memory for your computer to run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users