Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Trojan Can't Delete From My Pc?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 hothon

hothon

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

Hai, My name is Hothon.

Now my computer got many virus caller Trojan ( example:Exploit-MS06-014), and my Antivirus software(McAfee) can't delete it,if I update my virus DAT file after delete the virus also come back a few day latter, and my "explorer.exe" also infect by trojan, if I delete this exe file, after I retart I can't login to windows again and I try to copy explorer.exe from others PC paste to my PC also got problem,so What I need to do to solve this problem without formating computer?

Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

Have you tried scanning in safe mode? Update McAfee Antivirus and then make a full system scan.

#3 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

Yup I am run scanning in safe mode, but my McAfee version is 8.5i only, so if laters version can clean my "explorer.exe" file?

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:39 PM

Try your current version and see it resolves the problem.

Do you know the location of the file 'explorer.exe', which is causing the problem? If this is its location: C:\Windows\explorer.exe, the file is legitimate.

#5 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:17 AM

Yup my 'explorer.exe', is at location: C:\Windows\explorer.exe. What I means is if this file got virus and my antivirus software can't clean, so can I delete it?
Thanks

#6 drex23

drex23

Bleeping Existence

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hothon, since you are being helped in the malware removal forum, why aren't you asking your helper there? That would be the appropriate place to seek assistance for such matters.

#7 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

hai drex23,

Coz I am asking for virus topic not malware removal, whatever thanks a lot.

#8 drex23

drex23

Bleeping Existence

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

I wasn't being rude, I was just saying that if you are infected that forum is the proper place to receive assistance. Those who help there are trained to do so and there may be more to your problem than can be ascertained here. If your explorer.exe file that is the legitimate one is indeed infected you will want assistance with that. Your helper will tell you when they believe you are clean, so I would follow up with him as he has requested and direct your questions and concerns there. :thumbsup:

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Now that you have a log that is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

If after you have been cleared by your helper, you wish to continue with this topic. PM any staff member to have it re-opened.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users