Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Found Trojans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 isabellarose

isabellarose

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Here is what Kaspersky found:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Sunday, July 06, 2008 18:57:34
Records in database: 918909
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 67817
Threat name: 4
Infected objects: 4
Suspicious objects: 2
Duration of the scan: 02:19:25

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{445BA929-0754-421E-B2F9-D5F440A69141}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Karen.dbx Infected: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Bayfraud.ib 1
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{445BA929-0754-421E-B2F9-D5F440A69141}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Sent Items.dbx Infected: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Bayfraud.hn 2
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{445BA929-0754-421E-B2F9-D5F440A69141}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Sent Items.dbx Infected: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Bayfraud.in 1
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{445BA929-0754-421E-B2F9-D5F440A69141}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Sent Items.dbx Suspicious: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen 2

The selected area was scanned.

I deleted the files manually. They went to my Recycle Bin and I deleted them again from there. Am I safe now? Should I be doing something else to verify that my system is now clean? If so what? How will I ever know for sure that all of these malware items are finally gone?

Also, I was thinking of switching from Norton AntiVirus to Kaspersky since Norton has never found any viruses of spyware on my computer and several other programs have found malware obviously undetected by Norton. The other programs that found malware previously (over the past 2 weeks) did not detect these Trojans that Kaspersky just found.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

isabellarose

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

As a double-check, run a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 isabellarose

isabellarose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hi,

That is one of the programs that found some malware over a week ago, but hasn't found any since. I ran it this morning before I ran Kaspersky. My computer was still acting strange so I ran BitDefender and it found another instance. Now I've run Kaspersky and found some more. However, I will run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again and see what happens.

Thanks,
isabellarose

#4 isabellarose

isabellarose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

I ran Malwarebyte's and it didn't find anything. My computer is running much faster than before right now and I don't hear my hard drive running all the time anymore (before it seemed to run almost constantly). I am hoping all the malware is gone, but I will continue to check daily.

Thanks,
isabellarose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users