Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Internet Connection Probem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bosoxnm3

bosoxnm3

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

OK, I have a Comcast cable internet. My modem is an Arris that is connected to a Linksys Broadband Rounter which is connected to my computer which is my internet connection. This router is also used for wireless laptops around the house. My problem is that I have internet for 10 seconds then no internet for 10 seconds. In the bottom right hand of my screen the is a little icon of two computers and it says "Local Area Connection 5 is now Connected" It also says "speed: 100.0 Mbps" After about ten seconds of that an exclamation point pops up in front of that two computer icon. About a second later this little yellow dot crosses the computers and after about 5 seconds of that the internet works again. During the exclamation point time it says "Local Area Connection 5- The connection has limited or no connectivity". I cannot read the rest of the message because I am not quick enough. I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

Hello bosoxnm3,

This could be a number of problems.

Do all the systems experience this problem?
Does this happen when connected by cable or wireless?
Are there any other wireless networks in the area that can be detected by your systems?
Does the system in question use a firewall? If so which one?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 bosoxnm3

bosoxnm3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

It is a wired system. My laptops all function perfectly with the wi-fi from the lnksis. I have firewalls on as well.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

Have you got a spare cable that you can use? It sounds like a problem with the wiring.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users