Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outless Express 6, Pictures Are Too Large

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dgal2007

dgal2007

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

I have Windows XP and use Outlook Express 6 to access my email. Whenever I insert a picture in an email or as an attachment it is so large that it would take 4 computer screens to view the whole thing. And I can't figure out how to change the size. Is there something I can change in Windows or OE6 to make the picture fit within the screen size? I don't have a problem with my pictures in an of my other applications. I've searched FAQs on the web and haven't found any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

Windows Paint has a tool to resize pictures.

You can find Paint in one of the drop down options in Windows Photo Gallery.

In Paint look for "resize/scew" in the drop down under "Image".

Edited by Johnz414, 05 July 2008 - 11:23 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:30 AM

If you select your image to be attached, then right click and in the dialogue that opens select send to>mail client, you should get a little box opening up offering to resize you pic and giving the option of suitable sizes. Click ok on that and the pic will be resized to suit ( that is a copy will be resized, the original will stay as was)

If you don't get that resize box popping up, go start>run and type in "regsvr32 shimgvw.dll" (without the quote marks but with the space after 32), click ok then ok again when requested, and the resize options will be back home when you want it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users