Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is A2hijackfree.exe Trash, Ok, Good, Or Great?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 american.swan

american.swan

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

I have downloaded a2HiJackFree.exe from a2's servers. http://download3.emsisoft.com/a2HiJackFree.exe

Is a2HiJackFree the best at what it does? What other programs would you recommend? Is a2HiJackFree almost the same as hijackthis but with a GUI? Is there a third party help for a2HiJackFree?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:55 AM

Hello american.swan,

The tool does look good, There are other tools out there that do similar things. Some can be found herehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Edited by nigglesnush85, 06 July 2008 - 06:56 AM.

Regards,

Alan.

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

Is a2HiJackFree almost the same as hijackthis

Actually they are not the same. Never used a2HiJackFree but I think its more of a scanner that scans our computer for Hijacks...Not sure... I know what Hijackthis is though. Hijackthis is more of an anaylzing tool. Its a spyware removal tool that needs to be anaylzed. It doesn't remove or scan for any bad things. It scans your computer but doesn't remove any thing. It creates a log of registry and files that malware usually located, therefore some are good and bad. Please do not use Hijackthis unless instructed by an expert.
It says that:

HijackThis lists the contents of key areas of the Registry and hard drive--areas that are used by both legitimate programmers and hijackers. The program is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks. It does not target specific programs and URLs, only the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users