Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Make An Imac Dual Boot With Vista....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ph7ryan

ph7ryan

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

So I found a site that explains how to dual boot a PC with Vista and OS X Lepord, but I like the compactness of the iMac's (especially the G4's), so I want to do it to an iMac...now the tutorial is set up with the PC already running Vista (I guess cause Windows openly supports a dual boot option), so I need to first uninstall OS X, Install my version of Vista, Patch the OS X, and then install it as a dual boot...

Now I am guessing that this needs to patched because maybe both OS's run on differen't formats of hard drives, or something with windows conflics it to install OS X, but if someone could assist me with instructions on how to uninstall OS X, I can take it from there...Thanks...

sorry here is the site...http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-dual-boot-leopard-and-windows-vista/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

btw...I saw this http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html

But I want it to ask me with the default dual boot screen on windows...

Which ops system would you like

Mac OS X Leapord
Windows Vista Home

#3 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

nevermind.....sorry I watched a tutorial on boot camp and it will work perfectly...i thought it was just an emulator....mods you can delete this thanks....

#4 techman224

techman224

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

You just install leopard, use bootcamp to partition, and then install vista. Hold down the alt key when the imac boots up to select which os you want to boot.

#5 Aristidiso

Aristidiso

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hi!! I am from Greece, whre apple's products are not very known apart from ipod. So buying a mac computer is not a cheap option... But I want to learn about macs and for a first contact I thought to install on my PC computer running Windows (Vista currently, but I am thinking of switching back to XP), apple's OS. So can anyone tell me if there is any such option? And if there is, what requirements (of both hardware and software) are there?

Edited by Aristidiso, 23 September 2008 - 03:21 AM.

#6 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

Google osx86. We cant really help you here, since what youre asking breaks Apples EULA.
Posted Image

#7 ph7ryan

ph7ryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

Ya, liek TVT said....paying full price for a mac here in America is a huge feat, non-the-less in Greece!....I have installed OSX86 before, and the only problem that I have run into was that the audio played like 25% faster.....noticable but not anything that is too hard to deal with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users