Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.trojandownloader.vb

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AmberSiAm

AmberSiAm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I've run Ad-Aware 2008 and it says that I have win32.trojandownloader.vb the scan process keeps stopping at 5000 infections found. I delete the infections and run the scan again. I've run the scan about 10 times and it kept stopping at 5000 infections. The final scan only had 4100-ish. I've tried some other steps that I've found in this forum and other forums (such as clearing my system restore and running ad-aware without internet connection).

I'm still having a lot of pop-ups despite my pop-up blocker on. My add-ons for Internet Explorer have been disabled and I don't think I did that. Also, every time I set my privacy options to medium-high (or anything actually) it doesn't keep the setting and automatically goes back to "accept all cookies".

Let me know what other information you need from me in order to help solve the problem, thank you!

Edited by AmberSiAm, 05 July 2008 - 02:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users