Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Won't Detect Keyboard, Mouse, Screen Etc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bonez07

bonez07

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

This problem is happening with the same PC as in this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=151174&hl=

Since my last post, I decided I would be formatting but couldn't find my XP CD. So I unplugged it and left it in the basement. Today I went to go format it, the case was open, so I put it back on, plugged everything in and it wouldn't detect a single thing. The PC would start up, but my screen wouldn't turn on, my keyboard wouldn't work, and my mouse wouldn't either. Those are the only things I have attached to my PC alongside a network card that I was only testing to see how it'd work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Do the fans spin? Any lights at all? Any BIOS beeps that you can hear?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bonez07

bonez07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Fans good, everything functions normally with the CPU. No beeps whatsoever. It's as quiet as a mouse.

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

You seem to have a mixture of problems, let me just throw a few things out there that you can try:
1.I'm guessing that there is power going to your screen, but you're just not getting an output. Try removing the monitor cable from the back and replugging it back into the slot. See if that works
2.Try changing the cable's connector from the graphics card (which I'm guessing is a separate card by itself) to the motherboard's card. See if you get any output.

As for your keyboard and mouse problem, it's very likely a driver problems. I'm going to guess that you're using USB to connect, and some BIOS versions do not support USB, espeically older ones. That is probably why your keyboard is not working. I don't know how you can tell your mouse is not working without a screen.

If you're really desperate, try getting an adapter that changes the USB from the keyboard that will fit into the keyboard port at the back of the computer (no idea what it's called. If someone does, do let me know :thumbsup:)

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:44 AM

If you're really desperate, try getting an adapter that changes the USB from the keyboard that will fit into the keyboard port at the back of the computer (no idea what it's called. If someone does, do let me know :thumbsup:)

The socket on the rear of the case for the mouse and keyboard is a PS/2.

With some BIOS you have to enable the USB mouse and keyboard.

Edited by dc3, 07 July 2008 - 09:20 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

The socket on the rear of the case for the mouse and keyboard is a SP/2.

Hehe.. thanks dc3 :thumbsup:

And yes, I believe the newer BIOS's have the USB support (I'm on a stock nforce 650i ultra, and its BIOS came with USB support)

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#7 bonez07

bonez07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

I thought I already replied to this :S. Well anyway, both mouse and keyboard are on PS/2 ports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users