Hello and Welcome to the forums!
My name is Carolyn
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. HijackThis logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that it happens. Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
Please reply to this thread, do not start another!
Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.
If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.
I am sorry that we were unable to reply to your post sooner. The forums have been very busy.
If you are still in need of assistance, please do the following:Download and install HijackThis
- Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Make an uninstall list using HijackThis
To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following: 1.
Start HijackThis 2.
Click on the Config
Click on the Misc Tools
Click on the Open Uninstall Manager
Click on the Save list...
button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save
button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste
the contents of that notepad here in your next reply.Please post the following in your next reply.
- log from hijackthis
- uninstall list