Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Beeps - Major Problem?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 james_blades

james_blades

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

Hi there,

I got up this morning and switched my PC on only to be met with a continous beeping sound. Can anyone out there help me?

I guess this is a major problem as nothing appears on the screen and the only way of stopping the beeps is to un plug the PC.

any help much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

Hi there,

It sounds like you may have one of a number of possible problems.

What BIOS is currently on your motherboard?

I researched it on the net and found a link which tells you all the problems associated with the different types of beep. I have included the link below.

Beep Information

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

Edited by cornzey, 05 July 2008 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

If you have the user's manual it should explain what the beep codes mean. Usually in situations like this it means that there is a problem with hardware, this means that you will not be able to get into the BIOS to see what the manufacturer is. Have you checked inside the case to be sure that every connector is still firmly in place, and that the motherboard components are seated properly?

Caution: There are electronics inside the case that are very susceptible to electrostatic discharges. To protect your computer, touch the metal of the case to discharge yourself of any charges your body may have stored before touching any of the components inside. As a safety precaution you should unplug the computer to avoid electrical shock.

If you don't have the manual, you may need to examine the motherboard for the make and model. If you can find this you can google the board to find what the BOIS make is.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Venek

Venek

• Members
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

I've had that happen once at work with an ancient PC running Win98, but it was the result of the power button sticking a bit. Unstuck it, turned it off and then back on and all was hunky-dory. Don't think that applies in your case, but you never know.
UberGeeks of the world...UNITE!

Uh guys? Wanna take your eyes off that screen for a second? Raise the mice? Battle cry?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users