Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apparently This Computer Has "hundreds" Of "viruses Or Unwanted Programs".

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris*

Chris*

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Hello, I hope I am posting this in the correct place. It seems that a friends computer is extremely infected with malware of some sort. She has pop-ups, sometimes windows will load and other times it will not.
She had Norton on here but I removed it and tried Bit Defender, then tried Avast, also tries Antivir. I get Microsoft C++ error messages but other than that I get detection after detection from Antivir so much that I had to remove it from the computer because I couldnt get anything done because of the pop-up windows from it.

I am not sure what my first step should be. Anyone feel like helping a frustrated lady out?? Thanks in advance for any help given!
Christina.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 superninja

superninja

• Banned
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

Ive watched some videos on youtube of a guy filling up a computer with viruses ,trojans , mal ,ad ,spyware and then
then he tests each of the anti virus softwares to see what they remove and how good they are and i can tell you this from what ive seen pretty much most antivirus software doesnt do much at all against mal,ad or spyware ............

I also hope your uninstalling all of those antivirus softwares before you put anotehr on. im going to warn you with
out a good uninstaller and by just uninstalling through uninstall programs chances are high you have files scattered all over the computer. you need to do a search and each of the antiviruses you installed and delete all the old files thats still left behind so it doesnt mess up your comp.....and cause errors .......

ok now onto your problem ...............

try this http://www.superantispyware.com/
download the one that says free version home users
then scan it

then go here this should fix all the errors your geting with +c i had those on my comp till i
used quick heal pc tuner
http://www.quickhealuk.com/qh_trialversions.html

download the one that says
Quick Heal PCTuner - Free Fifteen Days Trial

then use it to clean disk, registry ,audio

let me know how all goes if your still haven probs after doin all i said we will go to the next step also
let me know when you reply back what antivirus you currently have on the computer

#3 Chris*

Chris*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Of course I uninstall.. I also manually delete any files left. I am pretty sure that I will need a HJT log to fix everything wrong with this computer. Between the Anti-viruses and the "spyware removals" that I have used they have found a GRAND TOTAL of 514 viruses, spyware, or "unwanted programs". All of which I have removed however it only seems to be getting worse with the pop-ups and error messages. OH.. a new one that happened yesterday was that I somehow LOST my taskbar along with any and every icon on my desktop. I had to restart to get it back. Anyway.. I will try one of the recommended and let you know when I am done with that one.

At the present time I am using Avast home edition version 4.8.
Thanks ,
Christina*

#4 superninja

superninja

• Banned
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

let me know how superantispyware does . and how your computer is after using it .

Edited by superninja, 06 July 2008 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users