Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

May Have A Problem With My Display? 8 Green Bars Display Next To My Mouse And Over Some Graphics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shanepack

shanepack

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

So I am trying to help my parents figure out what is up with their computer. Recently green bars have been shadowing the mouse cursor and covering some images. I have no idea what this is or what it means. Any guesses, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Here is a screenshot of a window.

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll333/w...ane/desktop.jpg

Any help or anything would be appreciated at this point. Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hello shanepack

Lines across the screen usually indicate a problem with the graphics hardware. Or Malware infection.

Does this problem happen all the time? ie, is the effect constant.
Do you know what graphics hardware is in use in the system?

Try running an online virus scanner to rule out infection http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users