Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Flash Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bcsc

bcsc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

All my files in my flash drive are lost. My computer at work crashed and the techs. were able to extract all my work and put them in my flash drive. I have been working and saving them into it until recently I had to do a report but when I opened the subfolder where all my files are in, there was nothing in there. I have checked all my hidden files and the computer that I worked on to no avail. I remembered before I worked with my flash drive at work, I used it at home to work on other stuff and I was trying to insert the flash drive to which it was a little tight so I forced it a bit. Anyways, I went into my f.drive to see if it might have been saved to other folders, I saw a file folder named "RECENT DOCUMENTS". After I opened it, I found all my files that were under the lost folder but they were all shortcuts. I checked the properties and in the the TARGET it says "c:\documents and settings\my username\desktop\personal but nothing was there either. One of my co-worker told me to go through my drive and see anything that I did not download or put in there and take them out. It could be a virus. I have been deleting what I think are system files which I don't know why they are in my flash drive. I thought system files are only suppose to be in my computer or lap top but not in the flash drive.? ( I don't really know much about computer) so I deleted all my temp. files and other stuff like IBM, data source and other stuff I can't remember. The government techs where I work came and looked at it and couldn't figure it out so I took my flash drive to PC Outlet ( a computer place here) and they told me that I have a virus and that to try combo fix to fix it. The computer techs at my work told my to try your site as this is where they get their guidance from.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

Hello bcsc and welcome.

I would advise you follow the steps at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users