I came late ot PC ownership myself.
Came here after a week online I wouldn't wish off on anyone.
Stuck around to advance that understanding that necessity forced upon me.
Glad I did, and glad you found the spot.
I think of it as an oasis in the desert of too much online info, sorta.
At least here we talk about non-technical subjects, too.
Kinda makes for a easier pace, and you chose
the right thing to do while you wait.
Here is a brief run-down of the site, as I'm sure you have gotten the hang of already:
Take it from the top:
- tab 1 HOME leading, breaking news & shortcuts.
- tab 2 TUTORIALS admit it, you didn't know THAT!
- tab 3 DISCUSSION hundreds & hundreds of FAQ's.
- tab 4 COMPUPEDIA Better brush up on some of those terms.
- tab 5 RESOURCES Where to go for safe & good stuff.
Left to right at the top of the page below those:
- Bleepingcomputer.com home page
- Discussion Rules and they are simple. Discussion rules!
- Donate hey, this much concentration of resource ain't cheap.
- Startup Database wonder about those processes running? Check 'em out.
- Fun & Games Pool? Pacman? You name it, you can play it here.
- Chat Live conversations, web based chat. Interesting stuff.
- Help is the name of the game around here.
- Members see the community, link to posts.
- Search fast track to relevant information.
- RSS News, News, and more News delivered to your door.
- My Control Panel Avatars, Signatures, more links to particular topics like unanswered posts.
- My Topics each time you post, there is the record to quick reference.
- View New Posts Oh, boy. A little of everything. Changes daily.
- New Personal Messages Hit that PM button and ya' might see this change.
- My Assistant after all that, you might need an assistant.
- Bleepingcomputer.com takes back to the main discussion page. Start all over.
I suggest clicking each and everyone of 'em.
Find your favorite one(s) and learn more.
I like to know the how-does-this-work also, having been involved in automotive tech and printing/publishing fields, among others over the time behind.
Computers are tools, and ya' don't want one that doesn't do the job right.
I'll be seein' you around, bobdor