Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.zlob Variant

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 default013

default013

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Hi, I had a problem with a little bug that symantec calls "trojan.zlob" and I got lots of help from this website so I thought I'd post what I finally found since its something I wasn't able to find anywhere and very unusual as far as my experience ...

I kept getting popups from Norton saying that it was deleting a trojan.zlob file named setup.exe from my my documents folder. I searched the registries and found nothing and couldn't find anything else in a full scan with Norton corporate edition. I downloaded malbytes and also superantispyware and neither found anything except the same file...

THEN I had a little eureka. I have a PocketPC cell phone that I almost always keep plugged into my PC while I'm at home. I unplugged it for awhile while making some calls and noticed that the executable no longer showed up. Well whaddya know as soon as I plugged my PocketPC back into the PC the thing pops up again. So I checked and somehow my phone must have gotten the file from somewhere, either infection or some stupid download and ActiveSync is copying it to my machine. But it didn't end up in the regular backup folder where it's supposed to go and I'm not real sure how it got into the root My Documents folder every time but ... I am sure that it was the syncing with my cell phone that was copying it. I killed the file for the last time on my PC and got it on my phone too and am now running a virus scan on my phone using airsoft mobile antivirus ... we'll see what pops up. Just thought I'd add this. I'm not going to do any in depth investigation on this as I just wanted to get rid of the damn thing and make sure it wasn't running on my computer, but I just wanted to add this one to the list for anybody else who might be having a similar problem ...

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users