Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Reappearing Over And Over

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Frumph

Frumph

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Symptoms:

Browser hijacked, all advertisements get replaced by new advertisements by the virus. Trying to access Yahoo is impossible, going to Google you can hit the first page but you cant do a search. Most all websites with a method=post are inaccessable.

Combofix found and deleted (This last round):
C:\WINDOWS\BM8b7236ea.txt
C:\WINDOWS\pskt.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bgfffdpo.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hscbatep.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\htegoosb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iltrlovq.dll

This time around, but everytime it comes back all of those DLL names are named something different.

I'm sorta techy, i know things up to a point .. I have 'no' idea what to do now besides just wait until it reappears again. and run combofix again.. It does come back, often several times a day. Dependant on how much surfing i'm doing.

Norton finds nothing.
VundoFix finds nothing.
Virtumundobegon finds nothing.
Hijackthis only displays information that I know exist correctly on the computer and nothing out of the ordinary.
Any ideas on my next step?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users