Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad CD-R/RW?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trackerxx

trackerxx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

Hey guys--
My Optorite CD burner (purchased 2002) has suddenly stopped being able to read CD's of any kind. I put in a CD and it will start to spin then abruptly stop. It's almost as if it wants to start but can't. Given that CD-R/RW drives are relatively inexpensive nowadays, should I just buy a new one? Or could this be indicative of another more serious problem?

FYI--My Cd-ROM drive works just fine and windows recognizes both the CD-ROM and the drive I'm having problems with...

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:57 AM

Dear Tracker,

My brand new Plextor 716 S/W does it all drive did the same thing and I am still fighting with Plextor.

It's your CDROM, nothing to worry about. I don't like Sony but I have two R/W drives that Sony makes that have rocked.

No BS drives that do what you tell them too. Do not use their software if you decide on this brand.

ASUS makes a decent drive also but I see some extra pixel'sation when burning movies.

I am sad to say go with the older Sony drives. The reason is that Sony sucks in much of what they do, but I have to admit their drives are good.

I must reiterate that the software from Sony should not be loaded.

All that I say is from experience dealing with these products and is subject to opinion.

Hope that helps,

:thumbsup:

junkdk
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users